|Molli's Jollof Cooking Sauce|
In the words of Delia Smith...."Being a cheat in the kitchen certainly doesn't mean any reduction in flavour or quality of the finished dish: all it does is free your time up by using a brilliant shop-bought ingredient"....
Cooking Jollof rice could be tricky and time consuming and unless you are a really confident cook, you may struggle with getting the best outcome possible. I have found Molli's Jollof Cooking Sauce, the ultimate cheat ingredient for great tasting West African dishes.....get to know it., you'd be surprised how versatile it is!
Below is a Jollof Rice Recipe using Molli's Jollof Cooking Sauce, for when you have limited time or just when you want to cut the hassle! (Buy Molli's Jollof Cooking Sauce here). For more cheat recipes visit www.mollifoods.co.uk
- 1 jar of Molli's Jollof Cooking Sauce
- Molli's Jollof Spice or crayfish flavour seasoning or ground smoked crayfish (for the authentic traditional taste)
- 500g Basmati rice(you can also use your preferred easy cook long grain rice)
- 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (optional)
What To Do:
- Simply empty the content of 1 jar of Molli's Jollof Cooking Sauce into a pan. Wash the rice and add to the sauce, then add 3-4 cups of water (or enough to cook the rice. Add the water a little at a time to avoid overcooking). Bring to boil at high heat for 5 minutes, then turn heat down, cover pan tightly and allow to steam until rice is soft.
- Sprinkle some Jollof Spice to the rice a little at a time and stir well to ensure even distribution. Repeat until you reach your desired taste. Also add the oil if using. Stir well and simmer under low heat for a further 5 minutes to allow the taste to develop. All done!
|Jollof Rice -Vegetarian Option|