If you don't know already, avocados (butter fruit) are really, really, really healthy for you and you ought to eat them at least twice a week! Read more about avocados here.
|Funke Koleosho's Butter Fruit on Toast|
Eat them as they are when ripe or use them in simple recipes. Be encouraged by their super healthy nutritional properties.
Below I share another simple-to-make avocado recipe:
What you need
- 1 medium sized ripe avocado
- Some diced green and red sweet peppers
- Avocado oil (you can use coconut or olive oil as substitutes)
- Black pepper
- Fresh basil (you can also use freshly picked scent leaves if you can get them)
- A chunky slice of Nigerian style hard dough bread (Alternatively use your favourite bread).
- Cut through the avocado pear carefully, remove the centre stone and dice.
- In a bowl combine the chopped avocado with about a spoonful each of the green and red peppers (use more or less as preferred).
- Briskly rinse some fresh basil leaves and slice thinly. Add a spoonful of the sliced basil also to the chopped avocado.
- Add a pinch of salt and freshly milled black pepper.
- Finally add about one spoonful (more or less as preferred) of the avocado oil.
- Carefully mix the lot together and avoid mashing up the avocado.
- Toast your chunk of bread on a hot griddle
- Serve with the avocado
|Avocado on Toast|