|Funke Koleosho's "Butter Fruit" & Plantain Crisps|
If you don't know already, avocados (butter fruit) are really, really, really healthy for you and you ought to eat them at least twice a week! Read more about avocados here.
You can eat them as they are when ripe or use them in simple recipes which often do not require any cooking! Let their super healthy nutritional properties be a motivation.
Below I share one of my simple-to-make avocado recipes:
What you need
- 1 medium sized ripe avocado
- Some diced green and red sweet peppers
- Avocado oil (you can use coconut or olive oil as substitutes)
- Black pepper
- Fresh basil (you can also use freshly picked scent leaves if you can get them)
- Plantain crisps (To save you the trouble, these can be purchased . If you prefer, you can make some at home. Simpy thinly slice one green or just ripe plantain, spray with some coconut oil and bake in the oven until nice and crisp.)
What to do
- Cut through the avocado pear carefully, remove the centre stone and dice.
- In a bowl combine the chopped avocado with about a spoonful each of the green and red peppers (use more or less as preferred).
- Briskly rinse some fresh basil leaves and slice thinly. Add a spoonful of the sliced basil also to the chopped avocado.
- Add a pinch of salt and freshly milled black pepper.
- Finally add about one spoonful (more or less as preferred) of the avocado oil.
- Carefully mix the lot together and avoid mashing up the avocado.
- Serve with some plantain crisps.
|Avocado served with Plantain Crisps|