|Funke Koleosho's Beans & Plantain|
Today's recipe demonstrates another way to serve beans and plantain. Simple yet complete and well balanced especially when served with some additional vegetables like peppers. Excellent for vegetarians even though it may also be served with some roast chicken or other types of meat of choice.
Check out this very straight forward recipe in using simple and quick steps.... though you may have to pre prepare some of the ingredients in advance.
What you need
- Pre cooked brown beans (use a pressure cooker to cook the picked and washed beans until soft. Allow to cool and set aside)
- Ripe plantain (cut the plantain into large chunks, leaving the skin on and boil until soft in a separate pot. When cooked, remove the skin and set aside to cool)
- Pre cooked red pepper base sauce (get recipe here)
- Handful of diced onions
- Handful of diced mixed sweet peppers (red, green and yellow)
- Salt to taste
What to do
- In a large pan, add a generous amount of pre cooked red pepper base sauce (commensurate to the other ingredients), allow to sizzle a bit then add some diced onion, and peppers.
- Then add the beans and the plantain chunks.
- Stir all into the sauce and cover pan.
- Turn heat down and allow all to simmer for about 10 mins under very low heat.
- Add the salt to taste. Serve hot.
|Beans & Plantain with some side roast chicken|