|Funke Koleosho's Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Turkey Strips|
Breakfast is simple but with a little twist, just because turkey features in each of my Christmas day dishes. So this year, for breakfast we had boiled potatoes, scrambled eggs (Nigerian style) with some smoked turkey strips.
Simple, delicious and filling...!
Here is how to make it.
What you need
- Fresh eggs
- Smoked turkey thighs (lard-on, chicken pieces are good substitutes). Cut turkey thighs into thin strips
- Fresh tomatoes (wash and dice)
- Onions (wash and dice)
- Fresh milk or water
- Salt to taste
What to do
- In a large frying pan, heat some oil. Then add the diced onions and smoked turkey strips. Cook until the onions soften and brown. This will also allow the turkey to soften further. Remember, smoked turkey is already pre-cooked through the smoking process.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Add some salt and a little quantity of fresh milk or water. Whisk eggs.
- Then add the whisked eggs into the cooking onions and turkey, Stir all around until eggs are cooked.
- Throw the diced tomatoes over the eggs.
- Serve hot with boiled yam, potatoes or bread.
|Nigerian Style Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Turkey Strips|