Valentine's Love Bites I

Funke Koleosho's Spicy Chicken, Avocado & Tomato "Love Bites"
Actually, I celebrate love everyday, but February the 14th serves as the "cherry on the cake" for all that I celebrate about the one(s) I love...!

This year I WILL/MUST be wined and dined..... no cooking for me...! I would just be enjoying the day and focusing on love; reflecting on life and making new plans for the future....hhmmhhmm.

But those who know me, know that there is always something stored in the cupboards, refrigerator, somewhere in the house, for hobnobbing....

So for nibbling on after all the wining and dining, just before we retire...., I have made some love bites.... spicy, savoury, refreshing and suitable for sharing.... These are simple to make and guaranteed to spice things up for later. Serve with some chilled red wine while you recap on the events of the day and enjoy the night in the arms of the one you love...

These are also excellent for other occasions, perfect canapés or finger foods.

Spicy Chicken, Avocado & Tomato Love Bites

Check out the recipe below.

What you need
  • Avocado pear
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Roasted chicken breast
  • Suya spice

What to do
  1. Wash the tomatoes and cut them in equal halves.  
  2. Cube the chicken breast about the same size as the halved cherry tomatoes. Also cut the avocado pear into cubes about same size as others. 
  3. Place the chicken breast cubes on a plate and dust a good amount of suya spice, covering them. 
  4. Arrange one tomato, avocado and chicken in that order on a skewer stick. 
  5. Serve with some chilled red wine 

Love Bites Canapés 


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post