|Funke Koleosho;s Garden Egg Noodle Stir Fry|
First up in my line up of spiralized Nigerian vegetables are Garden eggs...(read a little more about garden eggs here.)
Garden eggs (Aubergine family) are every where in Nigeria and they are mostly eaten raw as a snack. They are also cooked/stewed and served with boiled yam.
Spiralizing garden eggs, takes them to another level. In this recipe, I demonstrate how you can spiralize them, stir fry them and serve with some grilled fish or chicken, a completely radical approach...Now you can serve garden eggs for lunch or dinner, in style. Excellent for those watching their calorie intake and its so so filling and delicious.
|Garden Egg Noodle Stir Fry|
- Garden eggs
- Red pepper
- Green pepper
- Black pepper
- Red palm oil
- Ata din din (Spicy red pepper sauce)
|Garden Eggs Noodles|
What to do
- Wash your garden eggs and spiralize following manufacturer's directions.
- Also chop the onion, red and green peppers. In a wok, heat some red palm oil (do not allow it to smoke before you add the chopped peppers and onion.
- Stir briskly to avoid burning. The add a generous amount of the ata din din or spicy red pepper sauce.
- Stir all together. Then add the garden egg noodles. Stir all ingredients together until well combined. Add freshly milled black pepper and sea salt.
- Stir and allow to simmer for about 2-3 minutes until the garden eggs noodles become soft. Consider adding a sprinkling of water is the noodles are drying out.
- Serve hot with some grilled fish or chicken.
|Garden Egg Noodles|
My recommended Spiralizer : Oxo Good Grips Hand Held Spiralizer..
|Spiralized Garden eggs|