Key Lime "Refresher"


A "Refresher" (recently made more popular by the Starbuck's chain) is a type of drink made to simply serve as a refreshment.....something that revives, creates a boost of energy, something delicious and satisfying.

The drink comprises essentially, water with added fruit juice(s), sweeteners and alcohol(optionally), all to add taste and flavour.

I love creating different refreshers using different fruit juices, especially seasonal fruit juices. They are very simple to make and they are a great substitute for fizzy, sugary drinks, which we all know cause more harm than good. Besides, with this home made refresher...you know exactly what goes into it, and you have all the freedom to make it as healthy as you wish and can have it as often as you want.....fantastic prospect I should say...!


So following my recent post on Key Lime, I decided to create recipes that feature key limes and the first on the list is Key Lime Refresher....This drink is ideal served after meals or as a quick cooler, invigorating cold drink. Check it out.

What you need
  • Freshly squeezed key lime juice
  • Crushed ice
  • Ice cold spring water
  • Fresh basil stalk
  • Drop of wild honey (this is needed to mellow the sharp taste of the lime juice, but the use of honey is optional)

What to do
  1. Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher using about 10% of lime juice of the total volume of drink made. That is, for about 80% of spring water, use about 10% of lime juice. Use more or less as desired, depending on how tart or mild you like it.
  2. Stir well and serve chilled. 
  3. Garnish with basil stalks.










4 Comments

  1. Totally refreshing! I tried this drink and added mint leaves. A winner it was!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased you like this recipe. Adding mint is an excellent idea.....

      Delete
  2. Great resource, healthy food really does not need to break the bank.I really like what you gues are up too.
    Nice this list. Every time I go to the grocery store I find myself mulling over each item going..."which do I choose: healthy or inexpensive"
    I have included u gues in my blogroll.
    Easy Healthy Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. these recipes are wonderful and quite easy to understand n prepare

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post