Sometimes I just want to eat something really quick. Something that is filling but not too much....something that offers a little difference....a break from the routine/usual.
|Funke Koleosho's Rice & Beans Stir Fry|
All over my fridge/freezer there are many small containers with little bits of left overs! Rice, beans, yam, meat pieces, etcetera!, etcetera!!, etcetera!!! ......what to do with them???
My recipe today emerged from rummaging my freezer, throwing things together and stirring them up! Easy, straight forward, no hassle and it hits the spot. You don't have to use only left overs for this recipe, if you so desire you can gather up all the ingredients and prepare them from scratch, specifically for this recipe. No quantities specified to give you freedom to adjust ingredients as preferred. I have not used any meat or seafood in this dish, it's a no meat/fish day for me today, but again feel free to add chicken or seafood if you wish. Enjoy.
What you need
- Left over boiled rice (allow to thaw if it's been stored in the freezer)
- Plain cooked/boiled cow-peas (Nigerian brown beans) - (also allow to thaw before use if it had been frozen)
- Bean sprouts (use other preferred vegetables)
- Spices/seasoning of choice or Soy sauce
- Ginger (finely chop)
- Onion (finely chop)
- Coconut oil
What to do
- Heat up some coconut oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add some finely chopped onions and ginger. Allow to brown for about 2 minutes. Then add the boiled rice and stir.
- Followed by the beans. Sprinkle some soy sauce and stir well.
- Remember that it is stir fry so you have to continue stirring to avoid burning. Then create a well in the middle of the wok and crack one egg into it. Whisk the egg in the wok and gradually stir into the remaining ingredients.
- Finally add the bean sprouts. Stir well, check for salt and other seasoning. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot!
|Rice & Beans Stir Fry|