|Funke Koleosho's Suya Spiced Prawn Butterflies|
Serve this on a platter or in little dishes or side plates.
What you need
- The freshest raw king prawns you can find. Choose the biggest you can possibly find.
- Good quality suya spice (not the ones that are overly spicy and ridden with chilli pepper)
- Coconut oil
- Some shredded iceberg lettuce to garnish
|Suya Spiced Prawn Butterflies|
What to do
- Remove the shell off the prawns and also de-vein them. When removing the shell, leave the tail intact. This will make good holders for the prawns. Rinse well.
- Then carefully slice across their length to open them up. Do not cut off the tails.
- Then heat some oil in a griddle pan then place the prawns on the griddle, flat out, Cook on each side for about 3 minutes (depending on how big the prawns are). Done.
- While the prawns are placed on the griddle, sprinkle the suya spice all over them, then flip on the other side and sprinkle spice also on the other side.
- Serve on a platter with some shredded iceberg lettuce. Delicious hot or cold