Peppered Mixed Vegetables

Peppered Mixed Vegetables

I love my spices (chillies to be exact!) I do feel from time to time the need to add some to my food. Chillies are really versatile and may be added to virtually everything even chocolate...! The quantity added, of course, is the most crucial thing. Chillies are actually addictive...?! I would think. My recipe today is really simple and is a re-take on a previous one from last year.

Nigerians add spices to every thing such as fish, meat, snails etc. Spicing vegetables  in the same way is not that common.

I have discover that spicing my vegetables (the way fish and meat are done) actually helps me create a complete meal without the need to add anything else. Honestly, the spicy peppers make the vegetables delicious and satisfying. Serving a whole bowl of them requires nothing else. Plus it is healthy and an excellent way to loose weight.

I believe this is a fantastic recipe to help you eat a lot of vegetables in a delicious and satisfying way. Give it  a try...

What you need
  • A selection of your favourite vegetables (in this recipe I used broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, courgettes, red peppers) You may add red peppers, green peppers, carrots or any other vegetables that you love.
  • Pre-cooked Pepper sauce (get recipe here)
  • Diced onions
  • Salt
  • Coconut oil

What to do
  1. Prep and wash all your veggies and cut into small bite-size chunks. Steam them until soft and set aside. 
  2. Brown some diced onions in some coconut oil using a large sauce pan and add some of the pepper sauce. Add enough sauce commensurate to your veggies. 
  3. When this begins to sizzle, add your steamed veggies and stir well. add some salt to taste. Cover your pan and allow veggies to steam through in the sauce. 
  4. Serve hot on their own or you may serve with some steamed fish or grilled chicken.

Peppered Mixed Vegetables

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post