|Funke Koleosho's Corn & Beans Salad|
In my search for potential Nigerian salad recipe ideas, I took inspiration from Mexican style sweetcorn salad.
Corn, is seasonal and is one of Nigeria's staple crops with many uses fresh or dried. When in season, freshly harvested corn is boiled or roasted and eaten alone or combined with a variety of other food items, typically coconut and beans.
So today I am sharing an unlikely combination with lots of potential in the taste department first and foremost and also this combination is good for your tummy!
In addition. the individual components of this salad offer some exciting health benefits and if you are really considering to eat healthy and or introduce variety into your diet, then you should try this out.
Really simple ingredients, the proportions you use is entirely up to you and best of all you can eat this any time of the day!
|Corn & Beans Salad|
Check out the recipe below
What you need
- Boiled corn or some canned sweetcorn
- Boiled Nigerian brown beans or black eye peas
- Boiled groundnuts/peanuts
- Finely sliced ugu leaves (rocket(arugula) or parsley are good substitutes)
- Smoked mackerel (grilled chicken or smoked salmon are good substitutes)
- Freshly milled black pepper
- Sea salt
- Coconut or olive oil
What to do
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl using the proportion of your choice.
- Drizzle some oil or again add any salad dressing of your choice.