Now this may sound rather unusual to some, but why can't the velvet tamarind be used to flavour a drink? It possesses the desirable sweet and sharp tastes that go so well with spirits.
What you need:
- 3-4 tablespoons of black velvet tamarind compote depending on thickness (get the recipe from one of my previous posts)
- 200 ml vodka (or other preferred spirit)
- 2-3 tablespoons of cane sugar syrup
- 400-500 ml of water
- Crushed ice to serve
- In a large jug, add the water, vodka and compote. Stir rigorously to get an even blend.
- Add the syrup to adjust sweetness as preferred and stir well again. Serve with ice.
- Note: If left for a while, the tamarind compote pulp may settle to the base of the jug. Stir well before serving. You can adjust this recipe to your exact taste and preference for sweetness and alcohol content.