|Funke Koleosho's Smoked Mackerel Salad|
Smoked mackerel is typically added to soups and stews or fried and eaten with other dishes. But this very nutritious fish can also be enjoyed in other ways. (Read more about the nutritional value of smoked mackerel here.)
I have successfully created different recipes which include the use of smoked mackerel, particularly for light meals, starters or canapés. Due to its high fat content and smoky taste and flavour, the smoked mackerel adds a really rich and full taste to the dish.
Today, I would like to share this very simple, straightforward salad. Serve as side or eat as a light evening meal.
What you need
- Smoked mackerel
- Bag of crisp salad leaves of choice
- Some carrot shavings (the carrots bring some sweetness to the salad)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Freshly milled black pepper
- Carefully remove the bones and skin from the smoked fish.
- Break the fish into small chunks and place onto a bowl.
- Then prepare the salad leaves, rinsing if required. Place also onto the same bowl.
- Then add the carrot shavings, a drizzle of olive oil and freshly milled black pepper.
- Toss and serve.
|Smoked Mackerel Salad|