I am now absolutely in love with Wara, and I have found a few ways to eat it. (Read more about wara here)
Frying is my preferred way of cooking and eating wara. This way, I can add it to stir fries, soups and salads. Fried wara is quite delicious with a nice soft centre. The taste can be enhanced by adding salt and pepper.
How to Fry Wara
This may seem like a straight forward process but there is a technique to it.
- First drain the wara to remove all the whey that came with it.
- Then sprinkle some salt and black pepper on the drained wara. This will reduce "spitting" during frying.
- Toss and allow to stand for a few more minutes.
- Then fry. The technique is to fry under medium heat to allow the wara to cook through without burning. Also ensuring that all excess water is drained from the wara before frying will significantly limit "spitting" during frying.
- You can opt for shallow or pan frying instead of deep frying.
- Drain off excess oil.