Just like most fruits, the sugar concentration increases steadily as the fruit continues to ripen. Well ripened pawpaw is soft and really sweet, a great combination with yoghurt. (Read more about pawwpaw here: Food Profile: Pawpaw (Papaya) )
|Funke Koleosho's Pawpaw served with Yoghurt|
In today's post, I have combined pawpaw with Greek style natural yoghurt (which I have sweetened with some maple syrup). This is a great and refreshing dessert recipe. Try it.
- 1 really ripe pawpaw (papaya)
- Some Greek style natural plain yoghurt (you may use any other preferred yoghurt)
- Maple syrup or honey (you may also use sugar if you cannot readily find either)
What to do:
- Wash the whole fruit thoroughly before peeling.
- Dice the fruit and set aside.
- Transfer the yoghurt into a mixing bowl and add maple syrup or honey to sweeten it. The amount you use depends on your preference for sweetness.
- Then carefully serve the yoghurt into a glass and layer the diced pawpaw over it.
- Serve chilled.
|Ripe pawpaw served with sweetened Greek|
style Yoghurt (with some coconut shavings)
Read more about pawpaw here: Food Profile: Pawpaw (Papaya)