Looking for ways to include Wara (read more about Nigerian Milk Curds here) into my regular diets, I decided to add some fried/grilled wara into my stir fried noodles. The result is impressive.
Simple and quick to make, this dish adds a different type of deliciousness to your family menu. Its healthy and the wara serves as a great substitute for meat.
What you need
- Pre cooked wara (check out how here)
- Ramen noodles
- Chopped mixed vegetables of choice
- Pre-cooked red pepper base sauce (or any other preferred stir fry sauce you prefer)
- Coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to do
- Soak or pre cook the ramen noodles and set aside.
- Then in a wok, heat some oil and add the chopped mixed vegetables. Stir all together. Add some peppers and salt or other of your preferred seasoning.
- Stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Then add the precooked wara, cut into bite size pieces.
- Stir. Add the red pepper base sauce. Adding at this stage helps the wara to soak up some of the flavours from the sauce.
- Now add the cooked ramen noodles and stir all together.
- Add some sprinkling of water to avoid the stir fry from drying out.
- Allow to simmer for a few minutes until the ramen cooks through.
- Taste and adjust salt. Serve hot.